ROL Group are a partner of Socomec, a leading manufacturer of integrated power solutions, and are fully conversant with all of their products and applications, designed to ensure availability, control and safety of low voltage electrical networks. ROL Group commissions Socomec solutions and supply, service and maintain Socomec Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems. Our team comprises qualified engineers whose mission is to guarantee the correct design, operation and ongoing maintenance of your UPS system(s).
When a power failure occurs, a UPS switches from utility power to its own power using a Central Battery System. Central battery system based emergency lighting is ideal for medium to large installations. For projects where central control and testing is desirable, a central battery system is a viable and cost effective alternative to self-contained emergency lighting products.
The main advantages of central battery systems over self-contained systems are:
- Testing and maintenance is much easier to carry out
- Battery replacement is much quicker and less disruptive
- Battery life is generally 10 years or more
- Luminaires can be centrally controlled
- High light levels can easily be achieved
- The emergency lighting system can be completely unobtrusive.
The ROL Group team can advise you, recommending and implementing solutions to meet your current and long-term organisational requirements.