Thermal imaging is one of the most valuable diagnostic tools for preventative maintenance. A thermographic survey is one of the simplest and most accurate methods to monitor and predict system failure.
What does thermal imaging involve?
- A non-contact and non-destructive test
- Special camera looks only for heat by way of infra-red (IR) energy waves
- Detects excess heat being released by an electrical system
- Detects anomalies often invisible to the naked eye
- Detects electrical and mechanical issues
Surveys can be performed covering entire sites, or confined to smaller suspect areas. Ideally they will be included on annual planned maintenance programmes (PPMs)
Typically they are performed during normal operating conditions, causing minimal disruption.
On completion you will receive a report detailing the condition of your electrical installation and any defects requiring attention.